Ruby bindings to implement ruby language support

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed May 21 21:12:01 UTC 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Also I'd like to point out that we have a GSoC project that aims at
> integration of Kross support into KDevelop, which will hopefully be able
> to benefit from real bindings for some of the libraries.

yes, it will :)

Cause to create e.g. a Qt::QLineEdit using QtRuby/Korundum and throwing it
into something like "void addWidget(QWidget*)" exported via Kross works very
fine already. Same btw with PyQt/PyKDE and hopefully soon Jambi.

Shaman, the Package-Manager-Frontend for Arch-Linux (soon in extragear), does
btw use this possibility already quit a lot (though I guess only with PyQt
atm but QtRuby should work there out of the box too already).