[Kde-bindings] Ruby bindings to implement ruby language support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 21 16:58:56 UTC 2008

On 21.05.08 16:37:49, Richard Dale wrote:
> We've recently improved the code generation of the 'smoke' libraries that
> are used for the QtRuby and Korundum Ruby bindings, and it is now possible
> to wrap a wider range of the KDE apis. Would it be a good idea to wrap the
> KDevelop4 apis with a Ruby binding so we could at least partially implement
> Ruby support for KDevelop in Ruby? If so, which headers/apis would need to
> be wrapped?

Thats great. The core API is in the kdevplatform module, specifically
the following libraries:

editor/
interfaces/
language/
outputview/
plugins/
project/
sublime/
util/
vcs/

There's also shell/ but that is only needed if somebody wants to write a
complete kdevplatform application in ruby, its not something that
plugins may use.

Think twice before speaking, but don't say "think think click click".