Debugger configurations and KCM

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Sun May 11 15:27:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:09:50 am Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
> right now the project configuration dialog is KSettings::Dialog. I
> would like to implement "launch configurations" where each project
> can have several configurations, and for each configuration we have
> several pages -- application, general GDB settings, maybe specific
> gdb settings, maybe valgrind settings, so on.

I started on this, but just for run configuration - you can see in the current
run options dialog, you can create new run targets, but I also ran into
KConfig issues and will have to write my own workaround (maybe a generic
one?).

Then we could put the run target selector at the top of the GDB, valgrind etc.
configuration dialogs, if the user wants to set specific options, they just
select the run target which they want to apply it to, then set the setting.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Hamish.