Test Execution [was: Re: Kdevelop4 gsoc]

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Sun May 11 14:49:56 UTC 2008

On Sunday 11 May 2008 16:10:46 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Sunday 11 May 2008 16:29:46 Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> > (typically a method, or an instantiation with data). Right now only the
> > second is supported by QxRunner, but you'll want to run a testcase in one
> > go to preserve the shared fixture (eg through initTestCase). Might be a
> > little tricky with the limited interface of exe's as opposed to full
> > blown objects.
> >
> > An interesting extra feature is auto-backtrace information on hard
> > errors. Since Kdevelop has strong gdb support this is doable?
>
> I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you clarify?

The idea is to provide a gdb bactrace as the test failure message
when one of the test-executables crashes with eg a segmentation fault. The
logical step after a test crash is debugging, why not immediatly give this
information? A backtrace with jump-to-source functionality might suffice to
spot the culprit anyway.

Eclipse does this as well but in the java world its obviously a bit easier. I
think this a good example of how different tools can be combined into
something more than just the sum of the parts :)

Manuel