Jump to declaration UI

David Nolden zwabel+kde at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:16:03 UTC 2008

On Thursday 08 May 2008 06:58:54 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hmm, you'd connect to needTextHint signal, and in response to it, create an
> instance of class derived from ActiveToolTip. Are there any specific
> complexities?

No complexities I think. :)

> > Also I think it would be cool if the
> > debugger tooltip and language tooltip would be within the same tooltip
> > window when the debugger is active.
>
> I'm not sure that will not overload the tooltip beyond reasonable bounds
> :-)

Hmm yeah probably. But we also don't want 2 separate tooltips I think. Maybe
we should just show the debugger tooltip when the debugger is active, and
else the language toolkit. But we should always show the language tooltip
when CTRL is pressed, that way you could always get it when you want the
information.

> > Btw. I think the needed stuff is ther within kate, I think it's possible
> > to assign a cursor to smart-ranges, so you need to assign the "hand"
> > cursor to all use-ranges when CTRL is pressed, and unassign it when the
> > key is released.
>
> But I don't see how to handle clicks, unfortunately.

What about putting an event-filter on the kate-view?

Greetings, David