Jump to declaration UI

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:35:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 07.05.08 19:06:07, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>  >
>  > Eclipse has a slick UI for jump to declaration -- if you press Ctrl, and
>  > hover a mouse over a symbol, it turns into a hyperlink, and clicking it gets
>  > you to the symbol. This seems hugely convenientl, and I'd like to implement
>  > same. Objections?
>
>  +1 from me, even though I probably won't use it much, its probably very
>  useful for non-keyboard-centric people.

And +1 from a regular user like me :).  When configured with ctags,
vim uses Ctrl-] as the equivalent keyboard shortcut (although gvim
also supports the Ctrl-Click shortcut) and populates a jump stack so
that I can hit Ctrl-T at any point in time and jump back up through
the list of places that I've jumped from -- which I find extremely
useful.  Similarly, Eclipse has back and forward buttons specific to
the editor pane that allow me to navigate back through them.

--Kaleb