Kdevelop4 gsoc

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:48:20 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 15:33:49 Matt Rogers wrote:
> You should start a new thread for your questions (basically, take this
> email, and start a new thread, although i would break the questions out
> into separate emails)

There's no separate questions in there, just logically related problems with
solutions. But yea probably a tad too much to parse at once, try multiple
passes ;)

To get you started, these are design issues that need answering:

1. How will the different test(cases) be discovered by the framework?
2. How to compile the tests, what kind of user input is required?
3. How to determine the entry points and actually execute the tests?
4. How to fetch the test results and pipe them into qxrunner?

Read these, come up with a solution and see if you agree/disagree with the
ones I provide 2 mails up this thread. Alternativly share your insight here ->
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Xtest_design_issues

Manuel