Release kdevplatform 0.9.0 with kde4.1?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed May 7 08:26:12 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Aleix wrote:
> How would packagers benefit from it? I don't think it is easier to
> package just kdevelop and quanta than kdevplatform+kdevelop+quanta...

Quanta itself doesn't need it (as we also not in releasable state).
KXSLDbg would use it though.
My idea was just to provide a not stable version, something like a
technological preview.
But if we already know that many things will change heavily between the
time when 4.1 comes out and the final kdevplatform comes out, than it
probably doesn't make sense to release now with KDE 4.1, but keep
releasing alphas regularly so we can get feedback from some users, not
just from ourselves.

Andras