How to write UI tests (for sublime/ and shell/)

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Mon May 5 17:33:11 UTC 2008

On Saturday 03 May 2008 08:34:01 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Most of my recent work involving making sure that the size of main window,
> the set of available views, and so on, is persisted between KDevelop
> invocations. Can you write an example of tests that starts KDevelop several
> times, checking position of things?
We probably can call Core::initialize() and then delete that core and create
new one.
Also we might want to call saveArea() and loadArea() manually.

> Next thing I'm planning is to change placement of tool buttons. Testing
> that is tricky a bit -- in particular, it would require that the test know
> the width of toolview, which is not presently exposed via public (or even
> private) methods.
I can think of one way to find the size. You can find widgets by name or by
class name using QObject::findChildren(), cast to what we need and ask for
size.