How to write UI tests (for sublime/ and shell/)

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sat May 3 05:34:01 UTC 2008

On Saturday 03 May 2008 01:55:02 Alexander Dymo wrote:
> As I've promised before, I sat down today and wrote a small howto on UI
> testing. This basically summarizes my experience writing tests for sublime/
> and shell. Hope you'll find this useful. If something is missing, please ping
> me ;)

Most of my recent work involving making sure that the size of main window,
the set of available views, and so on, is persisted between KDevelop invocations.
Can you write an example of tests that starts KDevelop several times,
checking position of things?

Next thing I'm planning is to change placement of tool buttons. Testing that is
tricky a bit -- in particular, it would require that the test know the width
of toolview, which is not presently exposed via public (or even private) methods.
I hope you're not proposing to introduce MainWindowPrivatePartsAccessor class
and derive tests from that, do you ;-)

- Volodya