[CMake] Making FindBoost prefer Boost_ROOT

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 22:05:44 UTC 2008

On 26.03.08 19:10:16, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> Hmm, actually you're right. I guess either I was confused when I wrote
>> the module or I just wanted everything to look the same :)
>
> Search-and-replace error indeed. Thought that might be it ;-).

Actually (after checking the code again more thoroughly) that naming is
intentional because the variable is a CMake variable. But at the same
time its also possible to supply it as environment variable.

However, looking at the fact that cmake itself uses all-upper-case for
variables that can be specified on the commandline I'm going to  change
these 3 too (there's also _INCLUDEDIR and _LIBRARYDIR)

>> Will change that tomorrow when I work on the FindBoost.cmake for CMake
>> 2.6
>
> Ok, thanks. (At which point I'll have conflicts; whee! But that's ok ;-).)

:) Hope it won't be too many. If you want to further push for having
FindBoost.cmake in kdelibs I'd really appreciate it if that would be the
one from kdevplatform as AFAIK thats the only one supporting searching
for various boost libraries which KDevplatform needs to have.

You are a bundle of energy, always on the go.