Unit Test integration, another GSoC proposal

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:22:59 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 March 2008 02:09:35 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 15.03.08 01:31:59, Manu Breugel wrote:
> > I've written a draft proposal which can be viewed  at
> > http://fenix.cmi.ua.ac.be/~p035120/gsoc-0.1.txt
> >
> > wadayathink? parts that need more elaboration?
>
> Something that always helps in getting picked for SoC is having a more
> concrete idea about what has to be done and how long each step might
> take. Something like 4 weeks for creating a test-running framework, 2
> weeks for creating a test-stub-creation framework - that kind of stuff.
> It also helps people that look at the proposal to decide wether they
> think the amount of suggested work is too little, too much or just about
> right for the given time-frame.
>
> Andreas

I've contacted the QxRunner author to check if his library is reusable ->
http://qxrunner.systest.ch/

Depending on this a substantial amount of work could be saved, so my planning
will have to wait a little.

I find it hard to guess the amount of effort required for the self-configuring
bussiness. Since parts of it might be useful for kdevelop4 in other areas a
more generic approach seems ok.

Ideally writing a test should go like this:
1. Create stub through template wizard
2. Implement test cases
3. Click run button
4. Show test run result [error in case of compilation problem]

Ie autobuild. However I dont know enough yet about the kdevelop4 internals, so
I'm asking: Is this do-able within a reasonable timespan?

  - Manuel