Unit Test integration, another GSoC proposal

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 15:42:35 UTC 2008

On 12.03.08 07:11:58, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 07:05:44 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > I compiled a kdevelop4 and ran the auto-tests :) Since there's currently
> > > c++ support I suppose frameworks of other languages will have to wait. Is
> > > there a feature planning available?
> >
> > As far as other languages go, Ruby and Python support are probably going
> > to exist for KDevelop 4.1. Other languages are not planned so far, so
> > they'll only be done when somebody starts to work on them (a parser for
> > both Java and C# exists already)
> >
> > > Before writing out my full proposal I'd like to get your input on
> > > functionality. This is what I had in mind:
> > > - Graphical runner, selectable execution of tests
> >
> > This should integrate with the (existing, but probably still very basic)
> > run interface we have currently.
> >
> > > - Stub creation
> >
> > For this you might want to port the filecreate plugin from kdevelop3.
>
> No, actually he doesn't. He'll want to use duchain to generate stubs based on
> another class. The file create plugin from kdevelop 3 is not worth porting, IM
> HO, not with all the cool duchain stuff that we have.

Well, its still cool to have the "new class" wizard fill in the
copyright headers for me.

Apart from that, DUChain only helps you to recognize existing code, it
doesn't help when you want to create a new file for a new class. (Except
for getting the base class, possibly abstract methods and the right
#include). So maybe rather port the C++ class wizard to kdevelop4 and
make it work with duchain, but include the possibility to have a
template-header and footer file thats used for a new .h or .cpp.

Your ignorance cramps my conversation.