Allow platform applications to use their own project file ending

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Mar 7 22:15:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

currently the filename of KDevPlatform project files is hardcoded to
".kdev4". While thats not much of a problem (IMHO) the description is
also hardcoded to "KDevelop4 Project Files". Obviously this won't work.

I'd like to get some input on how to make this configurable for a
platform application (but not for the end user of course). I'm thinking
of something like

ProjectController::setProjectFile( const QString& ext, const QString&
desc )

better ideas?

Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.