Undebuggable crash

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Mar 1 21:45:49 UTC 2008

On 29.02.08 04:14:17, David Nolden wrote:
> Hi! Since my the commit I did today, I sometimes get a crash in kdevelop while
> parsing, that I cannot debug. I simply cannot find out what's causing it. Gdb
> does not give me a correct backtrace, and valgrind doesn't too.
>
> Maybe someone else has more luck?
>
> What you need to do:
> - Build current kdevelop-4
> - Start kdevelop-4, and open the kdevelop-project itself.
> - Make sure you have a cmake build-directory set up in Settings -> Project ->
> KDevelop -> CMake, so the include-path resolver works.
> - Open cpplanguagesupport.cpp
> - Close kdevelop
> - Start kdevelop
> - cpplanguagesupport.cpp is automatically re-opened, wait until parsing has
> finished
> - Open the kdevelop project
> - Wait until it is imported by cmake
> - Insert a single space in the cpplanguagesupport.cpp file, so it is reparsed.
> - Wait for crash

Doesn't crash for me (I'm assuming it doesn't crash if I'm getting the
"parsing finished for cpplanguagesupport.cpp" message).

However I'm not sure your steps are correct, because the project is
automatically opened on the second start, so opening again re-opens it
(which actually creates a second entry in the project tree, which is a
bug obviously). And when you close the project before closing kdevelop
for the first time, cpplanguagesupport.cpp is also automatically closed.

You may be infinitely smaller than some things, but you're infinitely
larger than others.