Toolview Slugginess

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 30 21:27:47 UTC 2008

On 30.06.08 20:03:57, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> Since the test-runner plugins are currently not responsive at all, I have been
> looking a bit into performance. Couldnt find much though. Funny thing is that
> when run standalone it is very snappy.
>
> couple of numbers [execution time of kdevelop's QTest suite]
> ctest:               9s
> veritas standalone:  9s
> veritas in kdev4:   13s !?
>
> Thats way too much. When resizing the runner view it lags behind on the
> cursor, the standalone one follows swift. Same thing when expanding tree view
> items.
>
> An educated guess, anyone? They are using the same shared library which
> basicly contains evrything (so cant be compiler flag related imo).

Are they also using the same gui code? i.e. the same treeview and
treeview-settings?

We have similar performance problems with the treeview (opening nodes)
and the outputview (when much output is added at once, for example make
install for kdevplatform). But unfortunately I seem to either be unable
to read the callgrind output I have, or the parsing of cmake projects is
soo much worse that I can't find useful information in it.

A few hours grace before the madness begins again.