[RFC] Veritas

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 20:54:58 UTC 2008

Test runner integration is definitly not finished yet but starting to mature
now. IMHO it is the right time to get some comments and avoid major design
flaws. Be my guest to review/comment/criticize the code that I have committed
so far.

Veritas is split in two, (i) a generic (unit) test runner library located in
kdevplatform/veritas and (ii) concrete toolviews for check, cppunit and qtest
in kdevelop/plugins/xtest. Client plugins need to implement the Test / ITest
class which represents an item in the test tree.

All 3 plugins run tests through executables and parse XML results back in. The
check and cppunit one also load the test-tree structure from said executable.
Qtest now simply reads it from a file but will use info from the build system
later on.

I've added some toy suites in kdevelop/doc/examples, in case you feel like
giving it a go. Be gentle though, still WIP ;)

Manuel