Expose qtests through buildsystem

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:47:58 UTC 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 15:51:54 Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Friday 20 June 2008 07:27:35 am Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> > On Friday 20 June 2008 14:19:12 Aleix wrote:
> > > Umm... I don't know if it is a good idea to get the .shell because it
> > > is hard to use when debugging. I can provide the needed LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > > information though. :P
> > >
> > > Bye!
> > > Aleix
> >
> > Hmm thats true, well if the info is available maybe they can both be
> > exposed (wrapped and raw exe).
> >

> > Manuel
>
> And for the record, I never use the .shell executables when running my
> tests. I always use the regular executable and it works fine.
> --
> Matt

Well the main reason I prefer running the .shell's inside xtest is decent
signal handling. QProcess is so nice as to only report NormalExit/CrashExit
(maybe I missed something here?). QTestLib does not handle unix signals
properly either, which it should ... eg Check does.

So you'll have to go mess with 'QProcess::setupChildProcess' and <signal.h> to
distinguish between a segfault & assert. The shell has robust OS independent
signal handling for free, easy choice :)

Manuel