Feature list for 4.0

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 19 01:09:21 UTC 2008

Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On 18.06.08 14:59:48, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I'm glad the new box is 64-bit; if I was trying to use kdevelop in its
>> current state on a 32-bit system I'd almost certainly run out of address
>> space.
>
> Do you have "parse all project files at startup" turned on?  If so, that's why
> it takes up so much memory, and you'll have to wait for persistent duchain
> support.

If you mean settings->configure kdevelop->project->schedule all project
source files for parsing by the background parser, then no. Given the
virgin-instance, three-files-open footprint of 742 MB, I *shudder* to
think what that would do to my system...

--
Matthew
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. -- Ford Prefect (Douglas