KDE/kdevplatform/shell

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 18 06:38:10 UTC 2008

On 18.06.08 03:21:51, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> SVN commit 821654 by rodda:
>
> Complete the code displaying line,column status information on the status bar for the active view

You know we have a bugreport open because we're showing the kate
col/line in the mainwindows statusbar. I don't have the number at hand,
but basically its saying that the information is too far away from the
place it relates to (the editor), especially when a bottom toolview or
right toolview is open.

The idea is to create a statusbar inside katepart itself which shows the
necessary information.

I'm taking this to our devel list to get feedback wether I should
pursuit that and try to bring this to kate for KDE 4.2? Or wether we
just do it ourselves or close the bugreport as wontfix?

Personally I do agree that the line/col information could be more
attached to the editor, also as there's other things to show (like
insert mode)

You will be advanced socially, without any special effort on your part.