KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Tue Jun 17 10:25:10 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2008 08:37:11 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> There's been a change in the KDE global icon cache lately which causes
> it to not use an mmap'ed file anymore. The reason for that are various
> crashes due to unclean deletion of the mmaped file (as far as I
> understood). I'll try to find the bugreport later and check wether the
> problems are all solved and wether its going to be re-enabled.
>
> That said I don't have a problem with the completion here (recent
> kdelibs), but I know that icon loading can be extremely slow, just try
> and open a subtree in the project treeview. Whats needing so much time
> is loading all those icons.

Btw. I have looked at the commit logs, and it seems like one day after the
commit the icon cache was enabled again. It also seems like I was using the
version of kdelibs after that second commit, so the icon cache should have
been working again. I'll try a really up to date kdelibs today and see
whether the problem is still there.

Greetings, David