Packages to kdevelop or, what I am missing

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Fri Jun 13 10:04:41 UTC 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008 17:12:20 David Nolden wrote:

> > I have compiled kdevplatform and kdevelop. But no matter what I do, when
> > I start kdevelop, I get a quite empty application with an empty tools
> > menu, and with a project that has only an "open project" --- and no
> > ability to start a new project.

> Have you got a separate build-environment? Usually calling "kbuildsycoca4"
> in the environment where kdevelop4 is installed before running it helps.

Thanks for helping!

I think you are correct in that this is where the problem  is. When I run
kbuildsycoca4 I get a lot of warnings, among these I get this:

kbuildsycoca4(15625)
KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde/kdevelop.desktop"
specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-kdevelop"

Which system is supposed to register the available mimetypes?

--
kind regards, Esben