Packages to kdevelop or, what I am missing

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Thu Jun 12 14:54:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am sorry about this probably very basic question, but...

I have compiled kdevplatform and kdevelop. But no matter what I do, when I
start kdevelop, I get a quite empty application with an empty tools menu, and
with a project that has only an "open project" --- and no ability to start a
new project.

Can someone give me a hint? Do I do something else to start on my project
(currently a kdev3 project) or am I missing something? The output complains
about some kross libraries missing, but they can hardly be important for C++.

My plan was to start working with kdevelop, and then fix whatever annoyed me
first, but so far I am not doing very well.

--
kind regards, Esben