Document tabs on top.

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:27:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 12:05:22 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.06.08 13:00:01, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> > tomasz2k at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
> > > Thank you Hamish.
> > >
> > > First I want to achieve an easy task that someone pointed out as a
> > > wish: to create tabs side by side for the same base filenames with
> > > different extensions:
> > >
> > > Now tabs look like this:
> > > | myfile.h | myfile.cpp | myfile.ui | yourfile.h | yourfile.cpp |
> > >
> > > Wished look:
> > > | myfile.h | .cpp | .ui | yourfile.h | .cpp |
> > >
> > > or maybe:
> > > | myfile.h, .cpp, .ui | yourfile.h, .cpp |
> >
> > It would be nice.
> >
> > > Then I want to write an "Alt-tab" behaviour widget with all opened
> > > views by last accessed hierarchy.
> >
> > Shift+left/right arrow rocks (like in Konsole).
>
> Not if you have 20-30 files open and want to switch from file 3 to 26 ;)
>
> The thing that really rocks is KDevelop3's
> Quick-Open-On-Already-Opened-Files (IIRC there's no default shortcut for
> that, but the action is called "Switch To..").
>
> Andreas

Yea thats extremely useful, especially since it allows globbing (eg
modulename/*.h) . The kdev3 implementation is a bit clumsy though. Full file
paths are listed, which always makes me resize the box. Maybe one could
filter tabs in place instead of in a pop-up? Kind of like the File
Tree filter text-box, with history :)

Manuel