KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 9 10:29:50 UTC 2008

On 09.06.08 11:44:13, David Nolden wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2008 00:13:50 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > There's tons of useless output because they can't be de-activated and I
> > can't read any debug-output while kdevelop is parsing something.
> >
> > If we need some system for such warnings, which shouldn't be displayed
> > in the GUI, then we need to implement our own logging. kDebug/kWarning
> > isn't suitable for that.
>
> Then please find out which warning it is that's annoying you most, and tell
> me, or deactivate that one warning, but not all of them. most of the warnings
> you've commented out are fortunately triggered _never_, but should something
> go seriously wrong, they're there.

I've reverted those that Matt pointed out should be reverted (and those
where he wasn't sure).

As far as the one which I triggered all the time: I have kdevelop
automatically open KDevelop and KDevplatform projects and few files
(IIRC from standardoutputview plugin) and as soon as the parser/duchain
builder started to parse those I got abou 50 or 60 of the warning from
contextbuilder.cpp:503 (i.e. multiple class contexts for the classes).
I can give you the class names as soon as I'm home today, IIRC it was
always the same class.

As far as turning them off: As I said its not easy (and I'm not sure
kdebugdialog --fullmode actually allows it) so the only way would be a
compiler-define to disable the call to kWarning. No I don't consider
commenting out the warning a viable option as that will create conflicts
sooner or later and a define can be set in the builddir only, without
touching sources.

You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.