Embedding Dolphin's KPart

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 17:20:25 UTC 2008

On 04.06.08 20:56:54, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 04.06.08 14:42:02, David Nolden wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 June 2008 13:55:06 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Well, I doubt the breadcrumb is from the widget, its probably the
> > > standard breadcrumb hooked up apropriately. Kate's filebrowser also uses
> > > KDirOperator and its still about 800 loc. Though we might not need all
> > > they offer - or does anyone consider bookmark support in the filebrowser
> > > important?
> >
> > Ah you're right, now looking at the source it's a bit more. It's also about
> > 800 LOC all in all.
>
> I've played with it now for 4 minutes and have a nice kfiledialog-lice
> view widget and it has a context menu (which is better than what we got
> from dolphin). So I'll explore a bit more as soon as I've fixed building
> in kdev4 and eventually I'll post a patch in the next days.

Attached patch uses KDirOperator and KUrlNavigator and makes it look
"almost" as if dolphin was embedded into KDevelop :) I've used only few
of the actions that KDirOperator provides, we'll have to think about
what to do with the rest. Also the context menu might be a slight
problem, there's no hook equal to what kate provides (just a signal with
a KMenu that can be chaged), so we probably need to subclass
KDirOperator to provide our own context menu. Thats needed to properly
embed some things, like vcs options and eventually some of the other
options from the action list of kdiroperator.

Altogether the patch (if you don't count the uncommented lines from
filemanager.cpp/h is I think not more than 20 loc which is really few.
And getting file-management into it is also pretty easy I think.

You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.