Fwd: Sponsoring Kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 07:45:04 UTC 2008

On 04.06.08 00:06:03, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> I got this message, so I would like to ask :
> -Do we want that ?

I think that depends on what is attached to the money. According to that
statement its not a big deal - basically doing some advertisement for
the firm by mentioning them on our website.

> -What do we do with the money ?

Why do we take the money at all? They're offering something that I think
might be more worthwhile as a start: A new design for our projects
website. There have been quite some complaints from normal users that
our website is a bit overloaded and its hard to find stuff and I have to
agree. It doesn't really look very up-to-date either. Eventually we
could even get the wiki properly fit into the website itself - which is
one of the main reasons I find the wiki a bit awkward, it feels like a
completely different website unrelated to kdevelop.org.

Of course we should check before what the firm did wrt. website design
so far and how the results look.

If we decide to take the money, the other two questions can most
probably be best answered by the KDE e.V. as they have the knowledge
about that stuff.

There was a phone call for you.