KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 15:55:01 UTC 2008

On 18.07.08 14:52:37, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2008 14:35:09 schrieb Kris Wong:
> > Do the repos really needed to be created statically?  My initial
> > implementation of this did not use any statics.
>
> Well, logically they are static objects(You have exactly one, you need it from
> the beginning), so why shouldn't we use that facility of C++, instead of
> working around it?

Nobody (at least not me) said they can't be static objects. Just that
their initialization could be done when we think is the right time - as
opposed to when the C++ runtime wants to do it. Look at Core, its also a
static object, yet the point in time where its initialized can be
decided upon.

Stay away from hurricanes for a while.