cmake: build directories inside the project root

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 09:19:31 UTC 2008

On 12.07.08 11:34:01, Aleix wrote:
> hi list,
> I'm thinking of just not adding build directories (directories that have a
> CMakeCache.txt file) as project items when loading a cmake project.
>
> Any thought against it?

Thats fine from my POV. I won't do it for qmake either (i.e. the dirs
where .moc files, ui-generated files and .o files are placed (unless of
course they also contain source files). It doesn't make much sense to
have them in the project tree and AFAIK those are exactly the dirs that
people using kdevelop3 put on the blacklist when using the custom
makefile manager.

Be free and open and breezy!  Enjoy!  Things won't get any better so
get used to it.