C++ support crashy?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 02:23:27 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 04:26:36 David Nolden wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008 04:08:41 Matt Rogers wrote:
> > The C++ support is still pretty crashy.
>
> In my experience, sublime and the editor are more crashy. Anyway, since C++
> allows many many uniqe code-paths, I cannot catch all problems.
>
> So to everyone: If C++ support in kdevelop-4 crashes, please post a
> backtrace to the list.
>
> The only known problem to me is that kdevelop can crash when C++ support it
> is parsing while closing kdevelop.
>
> Don't report problems with smart-ranges and highlighting, those are known.
> ;)
>
> Greetings, David

I've been hitting an assert in the C++ part lately. I haven't rebuilt it
awhile, so it's possible that it's fixed now, but when I wrote about C++
support being crashy, I hadn't been able to use KDevelop for the last two days
because of said assert.

I'll check if it's fixed and then report back. :)
--
Matt