Refactoring support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 27 08:07:18 UTC 2008

On 27.02.08 01:55:28, David Nolden wrote:
> Btw. what exactly do you expect a "refactoring framework" to do?

What I'd expect:

- basics, like moving/renaming classes, members, functions - everything
- creating getter/setter for member variables (including proper
  namespace support)
- the "create stub implementation" feature of kdev3 is also handy

Now the possibly harder things:

- extract a bunch of source lines from a code block and create a
  function from that
- extract an interface or superclass from a class public methods.
- implement methods from superclass (i.e. create stubs for those)
- organize #include's, at least removing duplicates
- push/pull member functions through the inheritance hierarchy
- replace occurrences of the class "Foo" with one of its superclasses

Thats all for now.

In case you wonder: Thats stolen from eclipse, I left out the stuff
which I didn't understand or doesn't make that much sense for C++..

You enjoy the company of other people.