CMake problem

Aleix aleixpol at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:55:31 UTC 2008

Hi David!

I worked on these features some days ago, maybe I screwed up something... :S

Where is your workspace.kdev4 file located? I assume it is at the root of
the project, is that correct?

On Feb 17, 2008 11:36 PM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aleix! I have a few problems with cmake:
> When importing a new project to cmake, in my case it's kdebase/workspace,
> cannot create a new build-directory, on both my machines.
>
> On one machine I get this:
> CMake Error: The source directory "/home/nolden/.kde4" does not appear to
> contain CMakeLists.txt.
> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

What configuration are you using?
Giving a builddir should be enough, tomorrow I'll take a look at the bug,
but seems that it is not passing correctly the source dir (which is trivial
and that's what looks strange to me).

> With the console output:
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::executeProcess:
> Executing: "which" :: ("cmake")
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::executeProcess:
> executed "which" < "/home/nolden/kdedev/4.0/qt-copy/bin/cmake"
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::isBuildDirProject: Something really strange happened
> at
> "/home/nolden/kdedev/4.0/build/kdebase//CMakeDirectoryInformation.cmake"
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::isBuildDirProject: Something really strange happened
> at
> "/home/nolden/kdedev/4.0/build/kdebase//CMakeDirectoryInformation.cmake"
> kdevelop(3663)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
> KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "ThumbCreator"  not found
> kdevelop(3663)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
> KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "ThumbCreator"  not found
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support debug)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::runBegin:
> Type of build:  ""
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support debug)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::runBegin:
> Installing to:  KUrl("")
> kdevelop(3663)/kdevelop (cmake support debug)
> CMakeBuildDirCreator::runBegin:
> Build directory:
> KUrl("file:///home/nolden/kdedev/4.0/build/kdebase-workspace")
>
> On another machine with kubuntu hardy, I cannot assign an already existing
> build-directory, I get this text at the bottom of the "Build Directory
> Creator" widget:
> "The selected build directory is for another kind of project"
> However there is no interesting console output.
>
> When trying to create a new build-directory on that machine, I get the
> same
> error-output as the first message I've mentioned, except thet the
> directory
> is "/tmp" instead of "/home/nolden/.kde".

Seems the same bug, the idea to check if it is the correct builddir is to
check if the builddir is from the same source directory we are using, and
the source directory seems to not be correct.

> Did you accidentally temporarily break something, or into which direction
> should we continue investigating?
>
> Greetings, David

Tomorrow I'll check that more deeply and I'll tell you something.

Good night,
Aleix