Share color information for duchain?

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 17 22:55:42 UTC 2008

On Sunday 17 February 2008 21:55:01 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering wether it makes sense to share the color information among
> all language plugins (i.e. move them into the language library)?
>
> Basically I'd like to have a table to lookup color and possibly
> font-formatting information based on the various
> declaration/definition/context types. At least for those things that are
> common to all language support plugins, like a Class
> declaration/definition or a variable-use or a member declaration and so
> on.
>
> This would make the look of different languages more consistent,
> especially when used inside the same file.
>
> Andreas

Yep that sure would make sense, then we'd have one central place and
configuration-dialog to change all the highlighting.

On the other hand, for scripting-languages like python, the highlighting
probably might be quite pointless except for local variables, since many
times you don't know what type you're dealing with.

greetings, David