Nonportable code in C++ support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 12 23:21:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

apparently there's some non-portable code in C++ support and with
non-portable I mean building breaks on anything but 32 bit platforms.

The problem is hashFromFunction in typerepository.cpp, line 665 and
following. There a pointer is casted to int, which obviously won't work
on 64 bit where this is a long.

The error that was reported is that the cast to int looses precision,
however I don't see a way to preserve the precision as we need to get an
int out of the function. Ideas?

Oh and apparently s/int/long in 265, 266 and 267 fixes the build issue.

Your love life will be... interesting.