When to create Contexts (or: how does C++ do it)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 10 22:58:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm looking at the visitFunctionDefinition/Declaration code in C++
contextbuilder and am wondering about something:

What range does the created context cover? If I'm not completely wrong
there's only 1 context opened for a function definition, thats the one
for its content.

If thats true: Why is there no context for the functions parameters?
Aren't that also declarations which would need a context? Or how is that
done?

I'm mostly wondering because in the visitForStatement there's a separate
context for the init/end/step part, i.e. the actual looping conditions.
And of course the other one that covers the body of the for (importing
the first one)

You seek to shield those you love and you like the role of the provider.