ParsingEnvironment??

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 9 11:51:39 UTC 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008 09:24:36 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> IdentifiedFile(HashedString(m_url.path()));
>
> > You can simply address your files by using IdentifiedFile(fileName, 0) or
> > similar, and construct all your HashedString file-names using
> > KUrl::prettyUrl() as needed(ond of course also the opposite direction
> > wherever necessary).
>
> Uhm, prettyUrl()? I think either url() or path() (If I only support
> local filepaths) is better, as prettyUrl is intended for user display,
> not for programatic usage.

I wasn't sure whether we really only support local file-paths. Is that the
case? Having that stated clearly would make some things significantly easier.
I have always used prettyUrl while converting to HashedString, because I
think it also does some normalization. But in case we really decide to only
support local file-paths, path() would of course be more sane.

What about adding a constructor IdentifiedFIle(const KUrl&, int id = 0) that
would do the conversion, then you could save a lot of typing.

> Btw: Haven't seen any replies from you in the mails, are you coming?

Yep I'm coming, I've replied about 2 or 3 times all in all, dunno why you
didn't get them.

greetings, David