PHP support

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Dec 28 22:03:29 UTC 2008

Am Sunday 28 December 2008 schrieb Hamish Rodda:

> > > That would be really great. There is some basic code generation stuff
> > > for C++ in KDevelop and a few base classes in KDevPlatform. Harmish
> > > Rodda has done that for C++ and the base classes.
> >
> > Yes, found that already. Lets hope I can understand it and apply it to
> > PHP.
>
> I tried to keep it as generic as possible, if you look/copy the code in
> kdevelop/languages/cpp/codegen and modify it for php (ie. tell it which
> methods are overridable, which to filter out etc) it should be pretty easy.
> The other thing that might need effort is parsing of each inheritance
> string (for c++ eg. "public BaseClass"), and then of course the code to
> create the class itself - for the moment we're using string concatenation
> but eventually I plan to switch to AST generation as an intermediate step.

How does KDevelop decide which Wizard to show? If I understand the C++ code
correct, you just add the "create class" wizard into the context menu. But
then we would have "create c++ class", "create php class" , ... spam in the
context menu... Or am I missing something? Since the current dialog doesn't
ask which language I'm using I don't see how the create class wizard would be
modular?

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de