KDE/kdevplatform/shell/tests

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 22 20:04:38 UTC 2008

On 22.12.08 18:32:27, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> On Monday 22 December 2008 17:44:27 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > SVN commit 900357 by apaku:
> >
> > Disable the projectcontrollertest until someone has the time to finish it,
> > it seems that whoever wrote this wasn't aware that to actually load a
> > plugin a .desktop file is needed - at least with the current implementation
> > of plugincontroller
>
> Projectcontrollertest runs just fine, the only prerequisite being that
> 'kdevgenericmanager.desktop' is found. Most likely the reason for the timeouts
> on your work machine?

Hmm, then maybe the plugin thats at the top of the cpp confused me... I'll
try to check more on this tomorrow. The problem is it only happens if I run
ctest via my script, if I run ctest manually in a kde4 env it works fine,
except I get an error message that the project couldn't be loaded. When
running via the script it seems that the communication pipe between ctest
and kdevelop seems to break and then ctest hangs, looking at the gui thats
shown this happens during shutdown...

You will be the last person to buy a Chrysler.