Breadcrumbs implementation - patch

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Dec 18 16:45:24 UTC 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 15:12:13 Aleix Pol wrote:
> I am sorry but I still don't get how can this replace the tabs :P

It might not replace them, in fact. I've discussed this with some other
folks, and somebody suggested that tabs, right now, is a mechanism to
switch between a few actively hacked on files with a single click. Therefore,
it's possible to have two ways for nagivation -- the breadcrumbs widget,
and a clickable list of N most recent files -- where N is either determined
by available horizontal space or by the user. The "clickable list" might
be a tab widget, or might be custom widget. Custom widget might be best, given
how much space is wasted by the tab widget in Oxygen :-P

- Volodya