KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

Nick Shaforostoff shaforostoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 00:55:38 UTC 2008

2008/12/18 David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com>:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2008 01:21:17 schrieb Nick Shaforostoff:
>> 2008/12/17 David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com>:
>> > I'm just asking myself whether we could eventually change this behavior
>> > globally for KDevelop(Maybe via CMake), since there is for sure many
>> > other affected places.
>> -1 from me. what a surprise would it be to a newcomer who discovers this.
> That the code within assertions is also executed in release-mode is such a big
> surprise?
I mean, there is some reason for stripping asserts in the first place
(performance).

A better solution would be to define smth like PERSISTENT_ASSERT()

And current code should be fixed the right way (going through
ASSERT\(,*\(,*\) shouldn't take much time).
By permitting Q_ASSERTs in release mode you're fixing symptoms, not the cause.