KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 17 21:42:54 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2008 20:47:19 schrieb Matt Rogers:
> If this assert is there and you're hitting it, then it's something that
> we need to fix rather than just working around it when KDevelop is compiled
> in release mode.
> --
> Matt
This is a fix.

The problem: In release-mode there's somewhere a
#define Q_ASSERT(X)

Which means, the code within the assertion is never executed. So the Q_ASSERT
should never be around code that has a functionality, like it was in this
case.

I'm just asking myself whether we could eventually change this behavior
globally for KDevelop(Maybe via CMake), since there is for sure many other
affected places.