Merging appwizard into kdevplatform, remove documentview

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 17 13:29:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like to get some opinions on that.

appwizard hardly has any connection to kdevelop-specific projects right now
and to implement the creation of kdevelop projects from kapptemplate
template's (which lack a .kdev4 file currently) it would be good to have
the code in shell. The reason is that it needs to open the project and
right now that will lead to having to type in the project name and manager
_again_ while this is already available from the new-project-wizard. OTOH I
don't want to add a public API for opening a project with some information
associated with it to iprojectcontroller, hence moving this to shell/ is
the alternative.

For documentview: IIRC it has a few bugs, nobody touched it in a long time
and it doesn't really provide a lot of information. Its basically just a
grouping of opened files depending on their mimetype (I guess, didn't look
at the code). I'm unsure wether we really need this, does anybody use it?
Would it make sense to convert it into a plain list that works similar to
kate's document-list (i.e. using background coloring for showing the order
of last access)?

Give thought to your reputation.  Consider changing name and moving to
a new town.