determining backgroundcolor of the editor

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:17:37 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, 13. Dezember 2008 12:01:19 schrieb Uwe Kaiser:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to get the backgroundcolor from the editor.
> Normal I use a dark background and bright foreground,
> but the contextbrowser uses yellow to highlight, so I can't read the
> hightlighted code.
> So I would like  to test if it is possible to change the color that the
> contextbrowser plugin
> use for hightlighting depending on the backgroundcolor
>
> Cheers
> Uwe Kaiser
It should be possible in some way, but I haven't had the endurance to find out
how. You can see some tries in cpphighlighting.cpp, that's the place where
most of the code-highlighting happens, except for the one special
highlighting you talk about, that happens in the context-browser. We need a
way of making sure that the contrast between text and its background stays
readable. The simple way of solving the context-browser highlighting problem
would be just changing the text-color of the highlighted text as well so it's
readable on the yellow.

Greetings, David