runpreferences & kconfig question

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sun Dec 7 13:33:08 UTC 2008

Aleix,

I am looking at

	kdevplatform/shell/settings/runpreferences/runconfig.h

and it seems like that file is the output from kconfig_compiler,
which is then further edited manually.

1. Am I right that the only point of manual editing is to
add a second constructor, that takes 'groupPrefix', and futher
does this:

	setCurrentGroup( groupPrefix+QLatin1String( "-Run Options" ) );

?

2. I don't see runconfig.kcfg anywhere -- did you commit it?

3. Did you have any specific plan how to clean this up? I'm thinking
that we can create LaunchConfigSkeleton class, derived from
ProjectConfigSkeleton and specify that inside runconfig.kcfg. Any reason
that would not work?

Also, on related topic -- is KComponentData instances passed to KCModule's
constructor used for anything at all or can be ignored?

- Volodya