Next KDevelop Team Meeting in Mykolayiv Proposal

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Mon Dec 1 20:41:31 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 20:54:34 Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> > Not sure if I'll be in a position to take a full week off in april, but
> > if they allow me I want to attend. What about language, is English
> > accepted/understood in Ukrain? Or should I take a crash course
> > Russian/Ukrainian :)
Harald, Roberto, Richard and Ian who were in Ukraine in 2005 should know
better how they survived without knowing the language ;) I have no idea :)

Seriously, English is of course accepted :) but understood only by younger
generation. I'd recommend everybody to learn at least several phrases in
Russian (the primary language in southern Ukraine) and have a
dictionary/phrase book with you. Getting familiar with cyrillic alphabet will
be a great advantage as you'd be able to recognize the similar words.