Crash (projectsView)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Aug 23 22:59:22 UTC 2008

On 24.08.08 02:30:41, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:

> Hi,
> These lines make me sad:
> KDevelop::IProject* curProject =
> core()->projectController()->findProjectForUrl(KUrl(checkoutJob->getDirectory()));
> KUrl projectFile = curProject->projectFileUrl();
>
> The second one sometimes gives me a crash.

I guess thats the case when there's no project for the given url. You
have to check the return value of findProjectForUrl as it may return a
null pointer when it doesn't find a project for the given url. If you
think it should give a project for your url you need to find out why it
doesn't work.

> Unfortunately it isn't look like bic (rebuilding didn't help).
> Also I've noticed it depends on url: if I call first one for rootItem,

What is rootItem?

> then ProjectsView is closed (and I can't find it in addView):
> kdevelop(13441)/kdevplatform (projectmanagerview)
> ProjectManagerViewPlugin::unload: unloading manager view

That happens when all projects are closed.

Someone is speaking well of you.