struggling to build KDev4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Aug 22 18:43:48 UTC 2008

On 22.08.08 20:26:28, Marek Jasovsky wrote:
> Hi
>
> now I found out that this error is caused by qt4 library path not set
> up correctly, but still I can not get the path set up.
>
> any hints on that?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> below see how I tried to set up the path
>
> xxx at linux-ngsq:~/src/kdevplatform/build> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib
> xxx at linux-ngsq:~/src/kdevplatform/build> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/lib/qt4/lib:/home/xxx/kde4/lib

You don't need LD_LIBRARY_PATH, that variable is not used while
compiling/linking, its used while running. You need to make sure the
right "qmake" is in your PATH to help KDE4 find the right Qt.
Nonetheless the missing method is not in Qt, but in kdelibs.

You will give someone a piece of your mind, which you can ill afford.