struggling to build KDev4

Marek Jasovsky jasovsky.marek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 12:44:49 UTC 2008

Dear all

Although I am new to this project and might not have that much
experience, I would like to contribute anyway.

in the beginning however, I have troubles getting things to work.

kdev4 needs kdevplatform, which needs kdelibs, and those can not be
compiled without stringi lib > 0.6.0 ... etc

is there some complete list of libraries and projects, I need to have
to successfully compile kdev4?

as for stringi itself.. I have compiled this one, but installation did
not work (how does the system actually find out, which version I have
installed? how about Yast in suse?) I have started make install for
stringi but kdelibs - trunk version still did not find last version of
stringi.

any help hints will be appreciated.

thank a lot in advance

Marek