KDevelop Maintainership

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:59:59 UTC 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008 17:23:39 David Nolden wrote:
> Is there actually something we need an official maintainer for? Else I
> propose that we go on like now, as you propose.

A maintainer for unreleased stuff seems totally superfluous indeed. Software
maintenance tasks typically show up after release.

On the other hand I think it would be a good idea to have someone coordinating
(beta) releases for KDev4 ... I've been using it daily and personally think it
deserves much better than alpha2 status now.

KDevelop3 could probably use a dedicated maintainer. Someone that is willing
to allocate a couple of hours a week  to apply patches, watch for critical
bugs etc.

just my 2 cents.

Manuel