Fix for makebuilder not opening properly files referenced by errors/warnings

dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Mon Aug 18 07:14:55 UTC 2008

On Sunday 17 August 2008 11:34:41 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hmm, are you saying that the code does a QFileInfo::isRelative() check
> each time you create a warning item (I should've read the patch a bit
> closer)? In that case it might in fact be better to calculate it onlu
> when the item is activated...

Yes, I checked that relative thing on each created warning/error item because
I did not wanted to have memory overhead (storing the current build dir in the
item) if the file path of the item is not relative (in which case it wouldn't
be needed when activated). So you are saying creating a QFileInfo is expensive
CPU wise to do it on each warning/error item.

That comes with the compromise that we will need to store the current build
dir with each warning/error created item even if the item does not need it
(because it may already have full path to the file from gcc). Is this ok?

This is a classic memory/CPU tradeoff and I'm asking about it because I'm
completely kdev/kde illiterate so I can't make any educated guess which one is
better.

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST